Monday 20 February 2012

Cooking - Chicken Wrap & Japanese Curry

Yesterday I did a bit of cooking, I don't cook everyday especially not often during the week because after work I'm hungry so I usually just wipe up something  quickly which most of the time would be soup with vegetables. Yesterday I was feeling a little down so I cooked. For lunch I made chicken wrap which I got the recipe from "Prevention Guide Magazine 30-Minute Chicken Dinners" but I modified it a little

here is what you will need:
-2 tbsp butter or margarine
-4 tbsp of chili sauce or more depending on hot you like it
-2 chicken breast cut into strips
-spinach
-tomato
-avocado
-whole grain tortillas
-salsa

1. melt the butter or margarine in a skillet over medium heat add the chile sauce then add the chicken. Reduce the heat to low and cover. Let it simmer, stirring it occasionally until chicken is no longer pink.
2.  since I don't like raw spinach I boiled it. so boil some water and add the spinach, then drain and pour a little bit of sesame oil on it if you like
3. cut the tomato and avocado
4. wrap into tortillas

A good health light lunch. I ate 4 of them and had some left over for lunch today.


for dinner I made Japanese curry
-any type of meat you want I prefer beef
-any type of vegetables you want this time I used cauliflower, tomato, onion, potato, zucchini & carrots
-Japanese curry pack
-water (will tell you on package how much you need to add in)

I following these instructions on youtube for making the curry


I good hardy dinner...I love Japanese curry ^_^ funny that my friend was craving this too. I don't consider myself a excellent cook because I definitely am not..I follow recipes but cooking can be fun and yummy in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment