Saturday 4 February 2012

Birthday & Dine Out

Yesterday was my BFF's birthday we made reservations at DIVA at the Met for Dine out Vancouer 2012 which is an annual restaurant festival where a variety of restaurant offer a 3 course menu for $18, $28 & $38. So it is a good way to try out different restaurants for a good price. This was my 1st year attending. Maybe do it again next year but have to book early to get reservations at the good restaurants.

So here is my review on DIVA at the Met, the food was only ok nothing special. Small portions with fancy decorated dishes. The Ambiance was nice, interior was classy and they had an open kitchen. The service was good, they are very attentive and very polite. The price ($38 + tax & tip) was good for a 3 course meal, we were all full but I don't think I would pay full price for any of it. My final verdict is that I don't think I will return to try there regular menu.

    Food: 3/5             Service: 5/5            Ambiance: 5/5             Price: 4/5


to start: complementary bread
1st course - appetizer 
BFF: Cherry Lane Farm beet salad, goat cheese, hazelnut, apple, rocket, banyuls
mine: Pemberton parsnip soup, Diva bacon

2nd course - main course
 Pacific Provider coho salmon, pine nut, chorizo, bell pepper, black olives, caper vinaigrette

3rd course - dessert
BFF: warm chocolate souffle, valrhona chocolate sauce, pistachio ice cream
mine: caramelized stilton cheesecake, spiced port reduction, rhubarb compote


gift unwrapping...loved the gifts ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment