Thursday 22 March 2012

More Restaurants: Afterglow, Bellaggio & Tempest Lounge

My thoughts on a few restaurants/lounge downtown that I have tried. First is Afterglow in Yaletown it's part of the Global Grill, we went here last year to celebrate me & my friends birthday & also a farewell to another friend who moved to Thailand (>_<) I miss him. The food I had wasn't that great & it was expensive. The service was good. The interior was ok, a lot smaller then I thought it would be and it got super crowded (good thing I made reservations and arrived early). And the crowded at the place wasn't that great. It was either younger or older. I don't think I would ever go back here again.

      Food: 2/5             Service: 4/5            Ambiance: 4/5             Price: 2/5


From left to right top to bottom: Calamari, Lamb Shank (my dish), Spaghetti Meatballs

Steak Tartar (disgusting >_<) & a lot of shots
Also for my birthday last year my friend treated me to watch the show Cavalia (it was awesome) after that we went to look for a place to eat, we randomly choose Bellaggio Cafe. We ordered pizza, I loved the crust of the pizza...it was so good but I didn't like the topping. The service was ok. The interior was very old style with old posters on the wall & the area where we sat had old books everywhere. The price was kind of expensive but I guess that is the price you pay for gourmet pizza. I would like to go back again and try the other types of pizza they have.

       Food: 4/5             Service: 4/5            Ambiance: 4/5             Price: 4/5




My friends & I last year decided to go watch the hockey game downtown. Personally I am not a sports fan, I don't play it or watch it but it's fun to hang out with friends. We had originally picked a different location to watch but it was packed (Vancouver people love hockey...crazy) and they were charging people $10 each to sit at a table (rip off) so we went looking for another place to watch the game and that is when we found Tempest Lounge. It was empty in there but I don't know why the food there is pretty good. I had a grilled chicken burger and I liked it. The services was pretty good and the interior was pretty nice, comfortable & clean. The price was regular for what you would pay for a burger at a restaurant. I would go back again with friends...maybe not to watch a game (sorry it was boring) but just to hang out and talk.

      Food: 5/5             Service: 4/5            Ambiance: 5/5             Price: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment