Friday 16 March 2012

Bibimbap

The first Korean food I ever had was bibimbap & that was in Toronto. Where it is cheap & good. Last summer my BFF & I tried 3 places (sort of) in the Burcoquitlam area (this is the boarder between Burnaby & Coquitlam) trying to find good bibimbap but no luck.

The first one we went to was Good Friends Restaurant. We order bibimbap and it wasn't that great. The services was ok. I LOVED the interior of this place, it had a very warm feeling to it. With it's green & yellow walls & cute/pretty displays of flowers and pots. The price was typical BC price for bibimbap which is around $10-12 depending on if you get it in a stone bowl or not (price is higher for stone bowl). I usually prefer stone bowl if they have, I like the taste of it better that way. Not sure if I would go back to try other stuff on there menu or not...maybe...maybe not.....

       Food: 3/5             Service: 4/5            Ambiance: 5/5             Price: 4/5



The 2nd place we went to was Spicy House...ok more like we sat down at a table and were given a menu then left because they didn't have bibimbap on there menu & we didn't know any of the dishes on the menu...so we left (>_<) so I can't say if this place is good or not. I think I need my Korean sister here before I can go back and try.

The last place we went to was called Jinro, I think because no English sign only Korean but that is the name on the menu. They didn't have the stone bowl bibimbap (>_<) which in the end didn't really matter because it was only ok, a bit better then Good Friends but wouldn't go back to have it again. The service was ok. The interior nothing exciting, very oldest feeling. Read reviews that there BBQ is good but service only the fatty meat....which I don't like so probably wouldn't be going back.

       Food: 3/5             Service: 4/5            Ambiance: 3/5             Price: 4/5

Koreana Restaurant in Coquitlam. I had bibimbap here once back in 2010, from what I remember it was good but I think I was hungry at that time so not a good time to judge. So I well have to go back again to try it out again. The last time I went we had Korean BBQ which was pretty good. We choose a combo and it came with a variety of meat, sweet & sour pork (i think), a soup & korean dumpings. They give you lettuce to wrap your meat with which is the way I was taught how to eat Korean BBQ but not every place gives you lettuce for free, they charge extra (>_<) The Service was good, the interior is nice & the price wasn't too bad. I would go back again.

       Food: 5/5             Service: 4/5            Ambiance: 5/5             Price: 4/5

Taken with Canon PowerShot SX200 IS 

No comments:

Post a Comment