Monday 26 March 2012

Insadong Restaurant, Thierry Cafe & Yoko Sushi

This weekend I ate out a lot...crazy....Insadong is a Korean restaurant right by my place which I have been to a few time for Korean BBQ...I went here twice over the weekend. Once for lunch for a friend's birthday, we had Korean BBQ and another time for dinner which I finally got to try other dishes on the menu. I had Dolsot Bibimbap which was ok but good price for the stone bowl type. The service has improved a lot since the last time I was there but still need to ring them to get more tea. The Interior is nice but for dinner it was really cold but warmed up when we started eating. Probably would go back again to try other stuff on the menu since I live so close by and it isn't as bad as I thought it was before.

      Food: 4/5             Service: 4/5            Ambiance: 4/5             Price: 5/5




BBQ Beef, Seafood Tofu Soup & Dolsot Bibimbap
Thierry Cafe is located in downtown Vancouver, I highly recommend this place. Most of the desserts we order were really good...LOVED the Lemon & Chocolate Tart..sooo good. We ordered 2 Lycee Macaroon...not my favorite, I think in general macaroon's aren't that tasty for me...this was my 2nd time trying. I don't know why they cost so much. Also the Black forest cake wasn't one of my favorites either it was way to rich for me and it has alcohol in it which I could taste...a no no. Ordered a Latte so I could take picture of the design on top (^_^) the latte itself was way to strong and bitter for me but then again I don't drink coffee. The service was good, they were friendly. The interior inside was very classy but small. There are only a few tables inside and they seem very close together. We had to find a table outside to eat are desserts, even thought they had heating lamb it was still so cold. Eating outside would be nice in the summer not recommend for cold weather.  The price was ok, not overly expensive but not cheap either but well worth it for the yummy desserts. Would definitely come back again to try more of there desserts, especially the ones I wanted to try from the reviews I read but they didn't have them that day.

      Food: 5/5             Service: 5/5            Ambiance: 4/5             Price: 4/5
 


Lemon Tart, Chocolate Tart, Black Forest Cake & Lycee Macaroon

Latte, inside of Macaroon & desserts divided 3-ways
Yoko Sushi is located in Coquilam. I have passed by this place so many times on my way home from work before. The food was ok, I loved the presentation of each dish. The service was not very attentive, they didn't come back to refill our tea but the food arrived quickly (we were hungry). I love the interior, it was nice & clean. The price was reasonable. I think I would come back again.

     Food: 4/5             Service: 4/5            Ambiance: 5/5             Price: 4/5


Avocado growing in a glass cup...very interesting

Ranibow Roll, some kind of Maki Roll, Sara Roll, Miso Soup,
Agedashi Tofu, Crunch Roll, Red Dragon Roll & Assorted Sashimi

No comments:

Post a Comment