Saturday 14 April 2012

Sweet Art Bakery & Cafe, Buddha-Full Juice & Smoothies & Taco Del Mar

Since I got the date wrong yesterday I didn’t bring a lunch to work because I didn’t want to carry too much stuff when I went to pick up my brother. So I had to eat out, I picked Sweet Art Bakery & Cafe which was close by & I read some good reviews on. A BIG disappointment, I ordered the Thai Chicken wrap which was OK on the first few bites but got a bit over powering after more bites. I also ordered a Cherry Danish since they are a bakery after all. BIG mistake…the worst Danish that I have ever had. There was barely any cherry filling and it didn’t even taste like cherries & the pastry looked & felt flaky & good but didn’t taste like anything. I have had better Danishes from my local supermarket. In the end I couldn’t finish it (>_<)  It is a nice looking place but food wise I would not go back again.

       Food: 2/5             Service: 4/5            Ambiance: 5/5             Price: 3/5




After my big disappointment at the Bakery & Café I decided to try out another place close by Buddha-Full Juice & Smoothies I ordered the Common Ground which is strawberries, banana & orange juice. It was ok but nothing that I think I would go back for. The price for the smoothies isn’t cheap but you are expected to pay more when it is made with real fruits. The interior was nice, had a hippie feel to it. Personal I wouldn’t be going back since drinks are pricey and only ok.

       Food: 3/5             Service: 4/5            Ambiance: 5/5             Price: 3/5


Last weekend we went out to eat Mexican at Taco Del Mar. I haven’t really tried much Mexican food, so I was totally lost on what to order. Mama Gen helped me out, I got 2 ground beef burritos. The food was ok but it is something I could probably make at home. The service was really friendly and the interior is nice for a fast food place. Overall I don’t think I would go back because the food doesn't really entice me.

       Food: 3/5             Service: 5/5            Ambiance: 5/5             Price: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment