Monday 23 April 2012

Busy Friday

Friday was a busy day with picking up my brother...the right date this time (^_^) & eating out the whole day. I ate lunch out that day because I didn't want to carry to much stuff with me. I went with one of my co-workers to Cheers Restaurant & Catering which I read some good reviews on for it's cheap good food. I ordered the lamb Slovakia which came with potatoes, rice, bread & a salad for $7.99. The lamb & the bread were good, everything else didn't taste good not Greek at all but for the cheap price you can't really expect that much. My co-worker ordered the cheeseburger which came with fries, onion rings & bottomless coffee or pop for only $6.99. She said the cheeseburger was only OK. The service was only OK, a bit slow but then again that could be because we were in a rush to get back to work and we didn't tell them to put a rush on our food. The interior was nothing special, kind of disorganized & mix-matched. If I ever go back I would like to try there breakfast next time. They have some breakfast deal for $5.

         Food: 3/5           Service: 4/5           Ambiance: 3/5          Price: 5/5



Vancouver International airport or YVR has been ranked best airport in North America for the third time this year (^_^)




For dinner I went with my brother, his GF & our cousins to sushiholic for sushi. My brothers GF wanted sushi, so I tried to find a place close by. We ordered a Rainbow roll $9.95, 12 pcs of assorted tempura $10.95 & sushiholic tray which is 54 pcs of sushi for only $23.95. The food was OK, I thought the batter used on the tempura was really good but the sushi was nothing really special. The price was really good for the tray but the other stuff were just standard price. The service was good but very busy so most of the time you will need to call them over to refill tea. The interior was nice. I would go back to this sushi place if I am in the area.

          Food: 4/5           Service: 4/5          Ambiance: 5/5          Price: 4/5




After sushi we decided to go for dessert downtown to Thierry again. This time the desserts weren't that great. We ordered fruit tart which was OK but nothing really special about it. This time they had the passion fruit mousse that I wanted to try, it was OK but really sour. And the chocolate tart was way too rich in flavor. So Thierry is very hit or miss.

My brother & his GF got me some gifts (^_^) from there trip. Some beautiful scarves, a nice hair brush, bling doggie, hanging sky lantern from Taiwan & dried guava which didn't taste good (>_<)



It was nice seeing my brother & his GF again, there are many times when I do miss having my family around. I hope they can come back to visit longer next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment