Tuesday 3 April 2012

Ramie’s Restaurant & The Golden Boot

Over the weekend I got to try 2 different restaurants one I didn’t like that much and one I LOVED. On Friday I meet up with a friend who I haven’t seen in a few years for dinner. I choose a Greek place called Ramie’s Restaurant in Burnaby that I read some good reviews on and it is close by to where my friend lives and is on my way back from work. Was really disappointed with the food, I order calamari and it came too quickly, was cold and was only ok. I also had Roasted Lamb which was good and my friend had Lamb Slovakia which I felt was a little burnt. I thought the portions were small, since I was able to finish both the calamari & lamb. So I don’t think it was worth it for the price. The service wasn’t that great, when my friend & I finished eating and we sat & talked nobody came by to refill are water & I kind of got the feeling that they wanting us to pay & leave. The interior was nothing too special but I liked that we got a seat beside the window. Overall I don’t think I would go back there again.

      Food: 3/5             Service: 4/5            Ambiance: 4/5             Price: 3/5

 On Sunday I meet up with another friend to celebrate her belated birthday. This time I chose an Italian restaurant called The Golden Boot in Coquitlam. Which was close by to us & another friend said was really good. My friend ordered Veal and Spinach Cannelloni & I got the Pizza Victoria which had Mozzarella,Roasted Pepper,Tomato,Onion & Spinach both sooo good. The pizza was made with fresh ingredients, the crust was just perfect not greasy at all. The price wasn’t bad for what we ordered, I ordered a large pizza & I had left over’s for my BFF (she LOVED it too) & for lunch the next day. We also ordered Tiramisu for dessert…It was sooooo good. The service was good, very friendly. The interior & atmosphere was nice. I definitely will be coming back again.

      Food: 5/5             Service: 5/5            Ambiance: 4/5             Price: 5/5


No comments:

Post a Comment