Friday 20 January 2012

More Restaurants

Here are some reviews of some restaurants that I have been to in the past, mostly from last year.

Guu in gastown is a Izakaya/tapas Japanese restaurant. It's a place where they server small dishes of food that you share...Tapa. My friend & I ordered 5 dishes, the food was only ok. The service was ok but I like the interior and I had a seat with a view of outside. And it's authentic Japanese or at least the people who work there are all Japanese. Almost all Japanese restaurants are either run by Chinese or Korea's. The price for the food is expensive, I don't think I would go back since nothing on the menu really interested me to go back and try again.

     Food: 3/5             Service: 4/5            Ambiance: 5/5             Price: 2/5

from left to right top to bottom: Maguro with 5 colour sauce, Guu Tataki,
 Takoyaki, Almond Tofu, Frozen Grapes, Spicy Agedash Tofu, Okonomiyaki

Japadog is a food cart located in downtown Vancouver. It's really popular and now they have opened up a restaurant but the food carts are still out. I personally do not find anything special about there hotdogs, it is a normal hotdog which they added Japanese flavors & toppings to...that's it. I think they are overly priced I am still really hungry after eating one (meant as snack only not a meal) but I would still take my friends to try for the experience since it's so popular. There service is good they're will organized but not much of an ambiance since you're just eating on the street.

     Food: 3/5             Service: 5/5            Ambiance: 3/5             Price: 2/5


Naam in Vancouver serves vegetarian cuisines. So if you like fresh, healthy food this is the place for you. The food was not bad, I would like to go back again to try other items on there menu. The service was ok. Be prepared to wait a bit to be seated since it is a very busy place. I love the interior very old country like...with cute little details like the swinging door to the kitchen with a cut out heart. The price was good for the amount of food you get & it is open 24 hours.

     Food: 4/5             Service: 4/5            Ambiance: 5/5             Price: 5/5

My: Italian Pizza & BFF: Maui-Maui Burger

Phnom Penh 金邊小館 Restaurant in Chinatown serves Chinese, Cambodian & Vietnamese cuisines. They have the best fried chicken wings. That was the main reason I wanted to go there...to try there chicken wings and I have been back twice and would go again. There Mango Moo Shake is also really yummy. The only thing I wouldn't recommend is the Butter Beef, my brother & I ordered it we couldn't finish it. Raw beef not our thing. But everything else I have tried has been good. For service you have to call somebody over. The interior is your typical Asian restaurant but it is a very busy place, you may need to wait a bit to be seated. The price isn't bad not cheap but not expensive either.

     Food: 5/5             Service: 4/5            Ambiance: 3/5             Price: 4/5

from left to right top to bottom: Mango Moo drink, 
 Marinated Butter Beef, Chicken Wings, noodles with beef (don't remember name)
 Potter's Garden is a Korean restaurant in Burnaby. Not sure if it is the same name anymore since this location switch owners so many times. It use to be my favorite korean BBQ place but then they switched and it wasn't the same anymore. So my friend & I go here for korean BBQ. We would order one of the combos which came with a variety of meat, pancake, soup, noodles, side dishes and what I like the most about this place was that it came with lettuce so you can wrap your meat in it. That was how I was taught to eat korean BBQ but not a lot of places ofter this or it cost extra. The service is ok. The interior is average nothing special about it. The price was ok came out to be over $60 including tax & tip. My friend & I always came out super full.

     Food: 5/5             Service: 4/5            Ambiance: 3/5             Price: 4/5


Sushi Elephant located in Coquitlam. I have been there twice just to try it out because I love the interior, really pretty inside but don't think I will be going back since the food is expensive and it was only ok nothing really special.

     Food: 4/5             Service: 4/5            Ambiance: 5/5             Price: 2/5

Elephant Combo..includes Elephant Roll & Crazy Roll
3 types of Agedash Tofu, Smoke Salmon Roll, Sexy Roll

No comments:

Post a Comment