Friday 27 January 2012

Liang Cha 涼茶

So my co-worker suggested for me to try Chinese Herbal Tea or Liang Cha in Cantonese for my break outs. So she brought me a pack and gave me a list of the herbs for purchasing later.

It is very simple to make you just need:
-water (a jug and more since you are boiling it)
-1-2 sticks of Chinese brown sugar (found at Asian grocery store) depending on how sweet you want it
-pack of herbs
So you boil the water then add in the Chinese brown sugar and the pack of herbs. Cook for 1/2 hr then strain the liquid and throw away the herbs. You can keep it in the fridge for only 3 days, more then that and it will start to look and taste different.



You can purchase the ingredients at any Chinese medicines/dried goods shop. The pack she gave me cost around $3 (but I got it for $2 in Chinatown, it seems the price changes all the time depending on where & when you get it) and you just give the list to one of the shop people and they will pick out all the ingredients and pack it up for you. I hope this works but no harm if it doesn't since it is still good for you. Happy liang cha drinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment